Cross platform mobile apps using HTML-5 have got a bad name recently since "biggest mistake" from Mark Zuckerburg and while I agree with the part about making big bets on HTML - 5 I still see this as the best approach we have so far for cross platform mobiles apps and would seem a perfectly fine for cases where cross platform is important or as a means to test adoption with a move to native when justifiable.
It is with the above in mind that I present Atlas
Atlas is complete mobile application environment with Test Driven Development. It brings together core web technologies into a environment that supports
- TDD - utilizing jasmine.js
- Mustache - logic-less templates
- JQuery Mobile - HTML 5 based user interface system
- PhoneGap/Cordova - cross device runtime platform
- Server Push Framework - utilizing juggernaut
This is usable now but still under development as and when I get time.